We have all been playing with cards since we were kids but have you ever really taken a closer look at the cards? Here are some random facts about a deck of playing cards to impress your friends with!
1. Each jack is holding something different, each queen has a different facial expression and flower, & king has a different beard.
2. The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache and a sword through his head.
3.The suits in a standard deck of playing cards represent ancient kingdoms and regions in human history. The Spades represents Middle East, the Clubs represent Ancient Greece, the Diamonds represent the Roman Empire and finally, the Hearts represent the Holy Roman Empire
4. It takes at least 7 shuffles to completely randomize a new deck of cards.
5. The next time you see a deck of blackjack cards think of it as a calendar:
There are 52 cards in a deck, 52 weeks in a year There are four suits in a deck, four seasons in a year. 12 picture cards, 12 months. 13 cards in each suit, 13 lunar cycles in a year.
I could not resist posting the next couple of facts which has nothing to do with a deck of cards…well almost.
1. The word ‘poker’ has been in the English dictionary for three centuries. It was first used in the 16th century for a metal rod.
2. Roulette is the oldest Casino Game to be played.
3. Mathematically, 16 is the worst hand in blackjack. Those hands with lower scores have a smaller chance of making you go bust, while those hands with higher scores have a greater chance of winning outright.
4. The opposite sides of a dice cube always add up to seven.
5. All of the numbers on a roulette wheel add up to 666, hence why roulette is referred to as “The Devil’s Game.”
Let the games begin!